This procedure outlines the steps that should be followed to use equipment off campus at a remote site or an employee's home.
Equipment owned/managed by the Institute may be used at a remote site or at home by Georgia Tech faculty/staff employees, provided the following criteria are met:
- The equipment is used only for Georgia Tech business.
- Use of the equipment off site or at home will not interfere with the operational needs of the college/department.
- Home use is approved by the appropriate Dean/Director/Cost Center Head.
Individuals who receive college/department approval to temporarily remove equipment from the campus must complete an Equipment Loan Agreement Form.
Instructions for completion of the form:
- Print name of person using the equipment.
- Enter the location (address) where the equipment will be used.
- Enter the reason for using the equipment off campus.
- Enter Georgia Tech tag number.
- Enter a short description of the asset, including serial number, model and replacement cost.
- Sign Form and enter telephone number.
- Enter Employee ID Number.
- Print Department Name and have Dean/Director/Cost Center Head sign and date form. The form should be retained in the unit for audit and insurance recovery purposes. Unit staff should contact Georgia Tech Insurance & Claims Mgt. (4-3483) to obtain information on how to insure the property off site.
- The Cost Center Head or his/her designee (Property Coordinator) must update Workday to indicate that the equipment item(s) with a Georgia Tech asset tag is now off-site.
- When the equipment is returned to campus, the Cost Center Head or his/her designee (Property Coordinator) must update Workday to indicate that the equipment item(s) with a Georgia Tech asset tag is no longer off-site.
|11-2020||Property Control||Editorial update for Workday alignment|
|08-2013||Property Control||Update to policy|