Type of Policy:
- Business Services under the direction of the Vice President of Campus Services is responsible for supporting all activities related to the procurement and payment of goods and services in support of Georgia Tech’s instructional, research and public service programs. Business Services is comprised of Accounts Payable/Travel, Business Systems/Analysis, Insurance/Property Control, Logistics/Surplus Property and Purchasing.
- Accounts Payable/Travel is responsible for the prompt and accurate payment of the non-salary expenditures of the Institute that are within the regulatory framework established by federal, state and Institute authorities.
- Business Systems/Analysis is responsible for functional system support of all Business Services applications, user support, data reporting and analysis and application testing and implementation.
- Insurance/Property Control is responsible for the accurate recording and insuring of the Institute’s assets.
- Logistics/Surplus Property is responsible for the accurate
- Purchasing is responsible for procuring affordable quality equipment, supplies and services in a timely manner within the guidelines established by federal, state and Institute policies.
- Guidance for the performance of these functions and responsibilities is provided from several sources. The primary authorities are:
- The Department of Administrative Services, the agency empowered by the Purchasing Act, State of Georgia annotated Code 50-5
- State of Georgia Purchasing manual
- Board of Regents Procedures manual
- Georgia Institute of Technology Administrative Policies and Procedures
- Federal Acquisitions Regulations/OMB
- State of Georgia Department of Audits
- The Sr. Director of Business Services, The Director of Accounts Payable and the Director of Purchasing will establish and maintain policies and procedures to provide for the efficient and responsible conduct of all procurement and disbursement activities.
- No employee of the Institute, except as authorized by the President’s letter of delegation, is empowered to incur any obligation or make any commitment on behalf of the Institute for the procurement of products, services or equipment unless approved in writing by the Director of Purchasing.
- Officers or departments other than Purchasing that have been delegated the responsibility for procurement of certain goods and services must procure those goods and services in accordance with Institute procurement policy.
- All procurements must be made for the purpose of Institute-related activities. Purchasing any goods or services for personal use or benefit is prohibited.
- Business Services is responsible for maintaining records of all procurement and disbursement transactions. Institute faculty and staff who have been authorized to use the PCard (see "procurement cards pcard") are responsible for maintaining records of all procurement credit card transactions.
- Business Services Procure-to-Pay Applications
- BuzzMart is the Georgia Tech electronic procurement system.
- PeopleSoft is the official financial ERP system.
- PCard is the state procurement card system.
- ImageNow/WebNow is the document management system