Appointed by the President, the Policy Steering Committee is the Institute body that oversees the development of Institute-level policies at Georgia Tech. It is a collaborative body that includes representatives from faculty, students, and staff. To reach the Policy Steering Committee, please contact the Institute Policy Specialist (email@example.com).
The Policy Steering Committee is responsible for:
- Determining policy need & type, Academic or Administrative, and whether revisions are editorial or substantial.
- Reviewing and approving proposed Administrative policies and changes to current Administrative policy, as described in the Institute Policy Development and Life Cycle Process.
- Facilitating communication between Academic and Administrative policy stakeholders during policy review.
- Ensuring that there is an effective and appropriate communication plan in place to make the affected campus constituents aware of policy changes.
The Policy Steering Committee members are:
- Secretary of Faculty
- Chair, Faculty Statutes Committee
- Assistant Provost for Administration, Academic Affairs
- Assistant Vice President, Research Administration
- Dean of Students
- Undergraduate Student Body Representative
- Graduate Student Body Representative
- Assistant Registrar
- Senior Director, Employee Relations
- Director, Talent Management
- Chief Information Security Officer, OIT Information Security
- Assistant Vice President, Administration and Finance
- Vice President, Legal Affairs and Risk Management
The Policy Steering Committee charter can be found here.