Type of Policy:
Purchasing and Procurement
Director of Purchasing
- The BuzzMart electronic procurement system and the GT PCard are the Institute’s approved buying methods for procurements from external suppliers. Use of the appropriate buying tool must be in compliance with Institute policies and procedures.
- Access to the BuzzMart electronic procurement system is contingent upon training and role responsibility.
- All construction related procurements are processed solely by the Facilities Department in compliance with BOR policies and procedures.
- All OSP sub contract related services procurements are processed solely by the departments and are not reviewed by Purchasing.
- Procurement approval authority for catalog orders <$10,000 and non catalog orders <$10,000 has been delegated to authorized faculty and staff. PCard transactions (within card specific transaction limits) have been delegated to authorized faculty and staff (See "procurement cards pcard").
- The four departmental roles in BuzzMart are Shopper, Requester, Spend Approver and Financial Approver. Carts and requisitions are electronically routed based on established workflow.
- The Shopper can build a cart but cannot place an order.
- The Requester can build a cart and assign financial data.
- The Spend Authority and Financial Approver must approve all requisitions.
- All catalog orders greater than $10,000 and all non catalog orders greater than $2,499 are electronically routed to Purchasing for review and processing.
- All requisitions which include catalog items flagged as radioactive per CAS number are electronically routed to the Office of Radiological Safety for review and approval prior to issuance of Purchase Order
|10-2014||Purchasing and Procurement||Update to verbiage|
|07-2013||Purchasing and Procurement||Update to policy|